Kien Giang (VNA) –
The Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang is appealing for
, Rach Gia-Kien Hai and U Minh Thuong, which link Phu Quoc Island and the Mekong Delta.
The locality is also focusing on building and developing a system of unique and high-quality tourism products and services encompassing eco-tourism, sea and island tourism, and cultural tourism.
Local authorities have called on businesses to cooperate in training human resources to realise the goal of having 20,000-25,000 tourism workers by 2020.
The province is studying the development of international tours by coordinating with airlines to promote the launch of direct and charter flights for tourists. It also continues to operate a sea route between Phu Quoc and Cambodia, Thailand and Malaysia as well as a cross-border land route connecting the southernmost province of Ca Mau with Cambodia and southern Thailand.
The local tourism sector will focus on traditional markets such as China, the Republic of Korea, Japan and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), as well as potential markets sending tourists with high spending and long stay like Australia, West Europe and North America.
According to the provincial Department of Tourism, in the first nine months of 2019, Kien Giang welcomed over 6.8 million tourists, a year-on-year rise of 12.5 percent.
It grossed over 6.28 trillion VND (266.6 million USD), up 35 percent against the same period last year.
Many destinations in the province has been internationally honoured including Phu Quoc, which was listed among the top five destinations to visit in autumn in Asia 2018 by CNN./.
- Shabbat.com, a Facebook-styled site where collecting ‘invites’ is key
- Eastern Shore of Virginia tourism continues rapid growth
- Ithaca Visitors Bureau redirecting to Florida Keys' website over 'ridiculously stupid winter'
- Spring break tourism strengthens on Space Coast
- Cruise ships to return to Key West earlier than expected
- Irma recovery: Key West could be off cruise schedules for weeks
- United Nations withdraws invitation to Iran for Syria peace talks
- Lauren Silberman, a field goal kicker, will become first woman to audition for NFL Regional Scouting Combine
- Tourism-driven California cities wrestle with vacation rentals
- CARIBBEAT: PR blitz for U.S. Virgin Islands, Gov. Mapp promotes tourism during Labor Day holiday