RENO, Nev. — Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. is planning his most forceful response yet to President Trump’s attacks on him and his son, according to excerpts from a speech he is set to deliver Wednesday night in which he denounces “lies, smears, distortions and name calling.”
Mr. Biden is scheduled to make his comments during a campaign swing through Nevada after days of internal debate among his advisers over how best to refute unsubstantiated claims by the president that Mr. Biden improperly assisted his son Hunter’s business ventures in Ukraine and China.
He said the attacks on his family were an attempt by the president to divert attention from the widening impeachment inquiry into Mr. Trump’s attempts to persuade Ukraine’s president to investigate him — and cited them as proof that the White House feared him more than any other Democratic presidential contender.
“Let me make something clear to Trump and his hatchet men and the special interests funding his attacks against me: I’m not going anywhere,” Mr. Biden was planning to say at the Truckee Meadows Community College here.
“You’re not going to destroy me,” he says in the excerpts. “And you’re not going to destroy my family. I don’t care how much money you spend or how dirty the attacks get.”
Earlier in the day, speaking at a gun safety forum in Las Vegas, Mr. Biden blasted the president and jokingly pretended to mispronounce the last name of his personal attorney, Rudolph W. Giuliani.
- Cindy McCain suggests former Vice President Joe Biden visited with Sen. John McCain
- Did Trump Nickname Jeff Sessions ‘Mr. Magoo’ and Rod Rosenstein ‘Mr. Peepers’? An Analysis Proves He Did
- Recent resignations mar Trump White House
- Donald Trump's noteworthy tweets as president
- Former president's orbit resists Trump
- The harshest jokes from Michelle Wolf's correspondents' dinner speech
- Philosophy Grad Student Target of Political Smear Campaign (several updates)
- Donald Trump says he may limit Justice Department's Russia probe
- President Trump to speak at Naval Academy commencement
- Macron US visit: French President looks to move Trump on Iran nuclear deal and trade
- Philippines government books Trump hotel as Duterte pushes for free trade deal with US
- STASI: Mission accomplished? Dropping bombs in Syria won’t blow away Trump’s problems at home
Joe Biden Will Denounce Trump’s ‘Lies, Smears, Distortions’ in Speech have 374 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.