Ho Chi Minh City has beaten strong contenders to be ranked as the world’s fourth best hub for street food, according to the latest survey by business magazine CEOWorld. The magazine released the Street Food City Index 2019, the first survey of its kind, last Thursday. The New York-based business magazine polled 92,000 business travellers and 1,400 corporate travel agents from over 86 countries and territories between July and September, 2019. The three-month survey evaluated the cities on four parameters including number of street food vendors, affordability, number of street food experiences, and food hygiene. Of the parameters, the number of street food vendors and affordability were referenced from the databases collected by Google Maps and Numbeo, a crowd-sourced global database of reported consumer prices. Meanwhile, data from the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) was used to rank the cities by food hygiene. Singapore was ranked first on the 2019 index, followed by Bangkok, Thailand and Hong Kong, China. Ho Chi Minh City came fourth while Mumbai, India finished in the top five. Other cities in the top ten were Rome in Italy, Tel Aviv in Israel, Sydney in Australia, Mexico City in Mexico, and Portland and Oregon in the… Read full this story
- Ho Chi Minh City photo exhibition introduces Vietnam's 12 island districts
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes PM to bring breakthrough to key projects
- Photos capture beauty of Ho Chi Minh City's rural Can Gio District
- Backlash over Vinasun’s anti-Uber, Grab bumper stickers in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City courts US investment in new 'Eastern City'
- Ho Chi Minh City busts latest illegal entry case involving 8 Chinese
- 11 illegal Chinese found in Ho Chi Minh City condo
- Ho Chi Minh City tracking passengers on two flights from Da Nang
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes expanding lifespan of Saigon Centre IV and V
- Ho Chi Minh City quarantines daughter, grandson of Da Nang's COVID-19 patient
Ho Chi Minh City in world’s top 5 ‘street food heavens’: survey have 328 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.