The festival is part of HCM City's strategic investment plan to develop the city's cultural industry until 2020.
HCM City has long been considered a place with the most exciting music activities in the country. However, many locals have not had a chance to experience the real spirit that a festival should have.
For the past 10 years, many music lovers could only be proud of Giai Dieu Mua Thu (Autumn Melody), a festival dedicated to classical music.
Though it cannot be denied that HCM City has hosted interesting music events, many of them were sponsored by brands for both cultural and advertising purposes.
With that, HOZO will be the first international music event that is backed up by the state.
According to Deputy Director of the HCM City Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Thi Thanh Thuy, HOZO will offer a precious opportunity for traditional music to merge with modern music, spreading the value of national music and culture to the world.
The HOZO international music festival is expected to take place between December 13 and 15 on Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street in District 1.
A variety of performances will be offered, from jazz and pop to traditional music.
The lineup includes artists from France, Belgium, Spain, Russia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Australia, Greece, Cuba and Vietnam.
Locals will be able to enjoy music activities as well as exhibitions and food fare at the festival.
Two seminars on world music trends and the country's music industry under the impact of 4.0 industry and international integration will be held as well.
To create a meaningful playground for Vietnamese music talents, HOZO plans to dedicate a stage for a band that will be selected by the organisation board.
Young bands from across the country are encouraged to submit their performances via https://hozomusicfestival.com for a chance to be selected and to perform with the international line-up during the festival.
Musician Huy Tuan, music and art director of the festival, said that all cities should have music festivals, especially HCM City, since it is the biggest city in the country and has a diverse music market.
The festival allows local residents to discover different types of music and artists and also offers them a chance to reunite with their friends and family at a joyful event, according to Tuan.
The festival also offers professionals a platform to expand their audience and performance venues./.
- Queens residents to celebrate trumpet legend at the Louis Armstrong International Music Festival
- East Coast music festivals to catch this summer
- Jim Farber rants: Music festivals are no way to hear music
- The wild and woolly 16th annual New York International Fringe Festival runs Aug. 10-26
- Lollapalooza headliners announced: Eminem, Outkast lead list of performers at Chicago music festival
- South by Southwest gets iTunes stamp as company launches its own music festival
- Here are the best of the music festivals, including Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza and Newport Folk Festival
- Encuentro Music Festival is a real find for Colombian music fans
- 'Yeast Nation' plays to sold-out crowds at 15th annual New York International Fringe Festival
- Yin Yue dances on the High Line park ahead of New York International Fringe Festival
- Ultra Music Festival brings reveling masses to Miami
- Paul McCartney set to perform at iHeartRadio music festival
HCM City to host international music festival have 569 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.