Regular hand washing with soap contributes to preventing diseases and protecting people’s health. Photo: Thien Tam
Speaking at the event, Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son stressed that washing hands with soap is a simple action, but few Vietnamese practice this hygienic habit, even in medical facilities.
Son stressed that it is an effective and affordable way to prevent diseases such as hand-foot-and-mouth disease, diarrhea and typhoid fever, particularly among pupils.
The official called on sectors, administrations at all levels, organizations and media agencies to collaborate with the health sector in promoting communication campaigns to raise public awareness on the importance of hand-washing.
Besides, Son suggested that students and pupils need to maintain regular hand washing habit with soap, especially before eating and after going to the toilet. He requested to ensure them access to hand-washing places and soap in schools.
With the benefits of hand-washing with soap, the Global Handwashing Partnership launched the campaign for the first time in 2008, stating that it is a simple and effective way for disease prevention.
Since 2008, Vietnam in general and Hanoi in particular have actively responded to Global Handwashing Day through various education campaigns.
Diarrhea, which is caused by poor sanitation and clean water shortage, was ranked second among common diseases in Vietnam. However, many locals are yet to acquire the habit of regular hand-washing with soap.
- Promising FDI outlook for Hanoi amidst global Covid-19 crisis
- WB backs Vietnam’s efforts to join global value chains
- RCEP smooths way for Vietnam to join global supply chains
- Viettel’s company joins global aerospace supply chain
- Local firms seek opportunities to join global supply chains
- NEPCON Vietnam 2019 - great chance for SMEs to join global supply chains
- Wall Street set to join global stocks party as investors dump bonds
- US stocks join global selloff on trade war worries
- S.African Uber drivers join global push for worker rights -lawyers
- Hanoi's traditional trade: change to adapt
- 'Global Guytalk' encourages men to talk about things they rarely talk about
- Management of Covid-19 situation in Hanoi: Enormous tasks performed
Hanoi joins Global Handwashing Day have 367 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.