Addressing the launching ceremony, President of the University, Patrick Gilli hailed Vietnam as a country having a rich cultural tradition and history, expressing his pleasure that the Vietnam – France strategic partnership has developed robustly in many fields, including education.
The teaching of Vietnamese language and culture will provide an opportunity for French students to explore and learn more about Vietnam, he said.
For his part, Vietnamese Ambassador to France, Nguyen Thiep expressed his belief that the programme will help to train young French researchers about Vietnam while contributing to strengthening cultural, educational and historical links between the two countries.
During the year-long course, trainees will learn about Vietnamese language, culture, history and geography. Around 20 French students have registered for the course so far.
The programme is the outcome of cooperation between the Paul Valéry University of Montpellier and the University of Languages and International Studies under the Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
On the occasion, the university also hosted an exhibition introducing French visitors to 50 photos featuring Vietnam’s sea-based tourism.
French visitors admiring photos on display at an exhibition highlighting Vietnam’s sea-based tourism. (Photo: VOV)
- 13 Vietnamese movies coming to Netflix this summer
- Germany set to recruit 230 Vietnamese nurse practitioners
- University enrollment regulations for 2020 declared
- University enrolment regulations for 2020 declared
- Vietnamese preschool shines bright among top architecture projects
- Vietnamese Grandmaster Liem to compete at online Steinitz Memorial contest
- UCSF partners with California to launch massive coronavirus contact-tracing training program
- South African Booksellers Open Up Sales in Defiance of Lockdown
- Delhi University plans 'open-book' online exam; teachers, student bodies raise concerns
- Lecturer helps Vietnamese in Taiwan overcome stigma, language barrier
- Cultural activities held in Hanoi to celebrate President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Cultural activities held in HN to celebrate Uncle Hồ’s birthday
French university opens training course on Vietnamese language and culture have 283 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.