52 –year-old man in Phu Vang District of Thua Thien- Hue Province has suffered cirrhosis and hepatitis B for five years. His condition has shown no sign of abating despite treatment. He is in waiting list for liver transplant.
Hospital Director Professor Pham Nhu Hiep said that after being informed of organ donation of a brain-dead patient in August, tests have been carried out to check suitable recipient.
The Vietnam National Coordinating Center for Human Organ Transplantation nodded its head for liver and heart transplants.
The patient undergoing heart transplant, the sixth heart transplant carried out by surgeons of the Hue Central Hospital, was discharged after three weeks.
The man undergoing liver transplant was also discharged after 45 –day treatment. He comes from poor family. His surgery was covered by insurance agency.
- CloudMedx Working With UCSF to Deploy AI Tools to Support the Management of Liver Cancer Patients Awaiting Liver Transplant
- American Cancer Society: Many opioid drug bills affecting cancer patients pain options
- A lift for those in need: New partnership offers free transportation to cancer patients
- Experimental Drug Vistusertib Could Shrinks Tumors in 50% of Ovarian Cancer Patients, Study Suggests
- University of Rochester Medical Center opens liver-transplant clinic at St. Joseph’s Health
- Dr. Thomas Starzl, surgical pioneer who performed the world's first liver transplant in 1963, dead at 90
- A 14-year-old girl needs a lifesaving liver transplant. Why can't doctors operate?
- Mother Teresa's letter finds 6-month-old liver transplant patient and her family well
- California boy, 7, who donated his hair to cancer patients for years diagnosed with 'aggressive' cancer
- UK surgeon used VR to live-stream operation on 70-year-old colon cancer patient