52 –year-old man in Phu Vang District of Thua Thien- Hue Province has suffered cirrhosis and hepatitis B for five years. His condition has shown no sign of abating despite treatment. He is in waiting list for liver transplant. Hospital Director Professor Pham Nhu Hiep said that after being informed of organ donation of a brain-dead patient in August, tests have been carried out to check suitable recipient. The Vietnam National Coordinating Center for Human Organ Transplantation nodded its head for liver and heart transplants. The patient undergoing heart transplant, the sixth heart transplant carried out by surgeons of the Hue Central Hospital, was discharged after three weeks. The man undergoing liver transplant was also discharged after 45 –day treatment. He comes from poor family. His surgery was covered by insurance agency.By VAN THANG – Translated by UYEN PHUONG Tags: First liver transplant central-highland region performed on cancer patient
- Turkey may set record for liver transplants
- 'Immunotherapy for cancer patients can save lives'
- Turkey to host Liver Transplantation Congress in 2020
- NHS cancer patients face ‘distressing’ waits
- Reports highlights impact of A&E admissions on cancer patients
- Wales introduces single waiting times target for cancer patients
- Cancer patients 'under siege' from treatment costs
- The importance of diet in the treatment of cancer patients
- Husband of cancer patient might enter politics
- 'Listeria' cancer patient inquest opens
First liver transplant in Central region performed on cancer patient have 235 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.