Hanoi (VNA) –
as well as cultural heritages will be held at the
beside Hoan Kiem Lake in the heart of the capital city on November 15-17, according to the municipal Department of Culture and Sports.
The festival is part of activities to mark the
(November 23) and respond to the city’s nomination to the UNESCO Creative Cities Network.
An exhibiting area will be set up to introduce local traditional craft villages like Van Phuc silk village, Bat Trang pottery village, Phu Vinh bamboo and rattan village, and Ha Thai lacquer village. Besides, the villages’ modern products that meet demands of domestic and foreign markets will be nudged closer to the visitors.
In addition, a traditional art space will offer an opportunity for local residents and tourists to discover the city’s historical values, art and efforts to preserve traditional paintings such as those of Hang Trong, Kim Hoang and Dong Ho. The area will also introduce the city’s landscapes and cultural heritages through paintings by disabled artists, women and children.
Within the framework of the festival, a wide range of activities are scheduled to popularise local intangible cultural heritages./.
- Niklosdag added to national intangible cultural heritage list
- Cream of UK folk acts set to appear at Kimpton Folk Festival
- Folk festival goes from strength to strength
- Grab your partner and head on down to folk festival ceildhs
- Exciting new era for Sidmouth Folk Festival
- Bringing Scotland's musical talent to Sidmouth Folk Festival
- How to get to Sidmouth Folk Festival by bus
- Kyrgyz cultural heritage showcased in Baku [PHOTO]
- Two more cultural heritage monuments restored
- Traditional dancing at Sidmouth Folk Festival