Deputy Defence Minister Nguyen Chi Vinh (R) and UK defence attaché Col. David Houghton (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Defence Minister Sen. Lieut. Gen. Nguyen Chi Vinh hosted a reception in Hanoi on October 14 for outgoing UK defence attaché Col. David Houghton and his successor Col. Beatrix V.H. Walcot. Vinh said Vietnam and the UK have fostered long-standing friendship and all-around cooperation, including in defence, especially since the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding on bilateral defence cooperation in November 2011. He thanked the UK Defence Ministry for assisting Vietnam in launching a Level-2 field hospital in South Sudan and training, especially English language, for officers to the United Nations peacekeeping mission. In order to develop bilateral defence ties into a pillar in Vietnam – UK strategic partnership, Vinh suggested facilitating all-level visits, particularly high-level ones, to raise mutual understanding and collaboration./. source
- More help for sacked ministers after AM's suicide
- Could you help shape UK democracy?
- Top 10 jobs held by former prime ministers
- New prime minister urged to change ‘dynamic’ of devolution
- Change UK’s Rachel Johnson reaches out to Gib voters
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson meets Queen and gives speech
- Former deputy Prime Minister John Prescott has had a stroke
- Georgian MPs approve controversial new prime minister
- Deputy First Minister back in the isles for campaign
- German defence minister nominated to lead EU Commission
Deputy Defence Minister receives UK defence attachés have 237 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.