The event was co-organised by the provincial Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs and the non-governmental organisation World Vision International in Vietnam .
The EVAC project was implemented across 10 communes of Van Chan and Luc Yen districts of the province.
After four years, the project fulfilled its four main targets which enable vulnerable groups, including children and young adults, to protect themselves, thus reducing the risks of child trafficking and violence. It also recorded progress in creating a safe environment for children.
At the workshop, participants discussed child protection models, efforts to minimise systematic barriers in a bid to reduce violence against children, as well as measures to encourage the engagement of vulnerable groups and the building of a powerful community that creates a safe environment for children.
Vice Director of the provincial department Nguyen Thi Thu Ha asked relevant agencies to join hands with local schools and arrange training courses in the field to strengthen child protection.
There are more than 228,000 children under 16 in Yen Bai, of this over 3,000 are living in disadvantaged circumstances. Besides, the province is also home to about 2,000 children affected by HIV/AIDS./.
- Yen Bai has first model new-style rural commune
- Justices Won't Review Legal Protections For Police Officers. Justice Thomas Feels Differently.
- The Big Read: Amid rising child abuse cases, the community needs to step up and be ‘busybodies’
- Workshop on child sex tourism held in Hà Nội discusses laws
- Look back 2019: More child abuse cases probed amid growing awareness
- British Gymnastics steps aside from review into abuse allegations
- Penal Code review committee: Minors from 16 to 18 years to be better protected from sexual predators
- 10,000 child removal orders in five years: Is this system working?
- Children to get more protection against sexual predators in Criminal Law Reform Bill
- Shameful 'cover-up culture' at top of the Met: Leon Brittan's widow breaks her silence over child sex abuse probe, savages police for 'moral failure' and slams Tom Watson for 'the most despicable thing a human can do'
- TaoTronics TT-AP003 Air Purifier Review: A front facing filter for the win
- US State Department Approved Thousands of Child Bride Requests - Report
Yen Bai reviews child protection have 392 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.