(Illustrative photo: UN Women) Yen Bai (VNA) – The northern mountainous province of Yen Bai on September 27 held a workshop to review the implementation of the project “Ending Violence against Children” (EVAC) which was launched in the province in 2016 for the period until 2020. The event was co-organised by the provincial Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs and the non-governmental organisation World Vision International in Vietnam. The EVAC project was implemented across 10 communes of Van Chan and Luc Yen districts of the province. After four years, the project fulfilled its four main targets which enable vulnerable groups, including children and young adults, to protect themselves, thus reducing the risks of child trafficking and violence. It also recorded progress in creating a safe environment for children. At the workshop, participants discussed child protection models, efforts to minimise systematic barriers in a bid to reduce violence against children, as well as measures to encourage the engagement of vulnerable groups and the building of a powerful community that creates a safe environment for children. Vice Director of the provincial department Nguyen Thi Thu Ha asked relevant agencies to join hands with local schools and arrange training courses in… Read full this story
- Thomas Valva Case: Child Protective Services Union Chief Speaking Out On Boy’s Abuse, Death
- PM launches tree planting campaign in Yen Bai
- Photographers flock to Yen Bai’s golden terraces
- New Year customs of Red Dao ethnic people in Yen Bai province
- One out of every four girls suffers sexual abuse, says child protection stakeholders
- Revealed: cash crisis pushing child services to tipping point
- Child Next Door report paints grim picture of exploitation, trafficking in Queensland
- 'Child abuse cases rose in K-P during 2019'
- Protective services ignored complaints that NYPD cop made his autistic 9-year-old son sleep in the garage - one year before his other son, 8, 'froze to death after being locked in the same building overnight'
- Online child predator, 32, is now behind bars after paedophile hunters caught him prowling the web for underage girls for the SECOND time in two years
Yen Bai reviews child protection have 353 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.