Adam Ward, country representative for Vietnam at the Global Green Growth Institute. Adam Ward, country representative for Vietnam at the Global Green Growth Institute, delved into the issue, which is in line with the country’s international commitments. Vietnam’s nationally determined contributions were issued in 2015 as a commitment to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, contributing to limiting global warming to less than two degrees Celsius by the end of this century. Vietnam’s NDC emission reduction target is 8 per cent compared to the business-as-usual unconditional contribution, and 25 per cent with international support (meaning conditional contribution). To be able to achieve these targets, in October 2016, Vietnam promulgated the Plan for Implementation of the Paris Agreement which lays out activities to reach the emission reduction target. Cities are major contributors to GHG emissions. The International Energy Agency estimated that urban areas currently account for over 67 per cent of energy-related global GHG, which is expected to rise to 74 per cent by 2030. It is estimated that 89 per cent of the increase in CO2 from energy use will be from developing countries. Urban design and mobility are crucial to GHG emission reductions. It is not urbanisation alone that increases… Read full this story
- As the Government Shutdown Drags on, Security Risks Intensify
- Pompeo Celebrates Death of Globalism at Davos Speech: ‘Nations Matter’
- GOP Reps. Demand 100,000 More Work Permits for Foreign College Grads
- National Border Patrol Council Labels Peter Fonda as ‘Domestic Terrorist’
- The Pentagon Is Building a Dream Team of Tech-Savvy Soldiers
- Former Bush-Obama Security Expert: Islamic State Defeated, Trump’s Strategy ‘Solid’
- Pinkerton: The Green New Deal: Its Real Enemies May Surprise You
- Pinkerton: Will Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal Leave $59 Billion in the Ground?
- National Science Foundation Preparing for Another Government Shutdown
- Nolte: Meet a National Reporter Who Does Not Know How Fire Exits Work
Working together to secure a green nation have 319 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.