By Hoang Tao  September 11, 2019 | 07:30 pm GMT+7 An artist’s impression of the Cam Lo – La Son Expressway. Photo courtesy of the Ministry of Transport. Construction work on a VND7.7 trillion ($331 million) section in the central part of the North-South Expressway will begin next week. The 98-kilometer Cam Lo-La Son section, which connects the central provinces of Quang Tri and Thua Thien Hue, will have four lanes with a width of 23 meters when finished in 2021. The expressway will allow speed up to 80 kilometers per hour. It will run alongside the existing National Route 1A and be linked with another expressway to connect with other central localities, Da Nang City and Quang Ngai Province. The project is one of three state-funded sections of the North South Expressway, a key project of the Ministry of Transport this year. The other two, whose construction is yet to begin, are Cao Bo-Mai Son Expressway in the north and My Thuan 2 Bridge in the south. Together with eight other sections that will be invested in the form of public private partnership, the 11 sections of the North-South Expressway will cost over VND118 trillion ($5.1 billion) in total, of… Read full this story
- Traffic alert: Road work begins on Syracuse’s South Side
- North squads win, draw at North-South Soccer Classic
- Hearing Monday on North-South Rail Link
- How Vermont is working to centralize services for the deaf
- Flood-recovery work begins
- North, South Korean musicians hold rare joint performance
- North-South All-Star Baseball game
- Digital hat passed as work begins on Portland downtown mural
- Elias: Will housing become new north-south rivalry?
- Goddard represents in North-South game
Work to begin on central section of North-South Expressway have 278 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.