The 98.35km section spans Cam Lo, Trieu Phong, Lai Lang districts, Quang Tri town, and Dong Ha city of Quang Tri province, and Thua Thien-Hue province’s Phong Dien, Huong Tra, Huong Thuy and Phu Loc districts.
|At the ceremony|
The project is among 11 component projects of the 2,109km North-South Expressway. It has total investment is about 7.66 trillion VND (329.38 million USD), using capital from the Government’s bonds.
In the first phase, the section will be 12m in width with two lanes, which will be expanded to 23m with four lanes when completed.
The Cam Lo-La Son section will help develop transport infrastructure in the region and the country, while promoting the potential of the region, making it more convenient for goods transport among Quang Tri, Thua Thien-Hue and Da Nang city.
As scheduled, the project will be completed in 2021, combining with the La Son-Tuy Loan section to form Cam Lo-La Son-Tuy Loan expressway, meeting the transportation demand and ease the overload for the National Highway 1A when the Hai Van tunnel and pass section has problems, while helping boost the growth of central localities.
Addressing the ceremony, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc underlined the strategic significance of the North-South Expressway. Building the project is a great determination of the Party and State as well as localities, he said.
He stressed the target of completing four major transport projects of the nation, namely National Highway 1A, Ho Chi Minh Road, North-South Expressway and Vietnam coastal road.
Once completed, the four roads and the North-South high-speed railway will form a complete transport system, helping boost the country’s growth in the future, he said.
The PM asked the Ministry of Transport to continue finalising procedures to implement the remaining component projects of the North-South Expressway.
- Work starts on national expressway’s Cam Lo – La Son section
- Work begins on first section of North-South expressway
- Work to begin on major North-South Expressway projects in August
- Work to begin on three major projects along North-South Expressway
- North-South Expressway a top priority for government in 2019
- Vietnam’s Eastern North-South expressway set for kick-start next April
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 19/11
- Ministry names key expressways ready by 2020
- Ministry of Transport names key expressways ready by 2020