Viettel announced that it installed 1,000 NarrowBand-Internet of Things (NB-IoT) stations which cover 100% of HCMC. The telecom company also provides 5G coverage at Ward 12 and District 10. So far, HCMC was the first locality covered by 5G and IoT. The military-run Viettel is among the 50 telecom companies in the world to have successfully deployed the narrowband internet of things (NB-IoT), a technology developed for devices supporting IoT connectivity. So far, about 10 countries supplied 5G services namely the RoK, Japan, China, the U.S., Australia, the UK, Spain, Sweden, Norway, and Rusia. With its plan on commercialization of 5G tech, by 2020, Viettel would convert Viet Nam into one of the leading countries in 5G provision. As scheduled, Viettel would cover NB-IoT across Ha Noi in September, then expand the services in Da Nang, and nationwide in the next two years. Viettel is ranked among the 15 largest telecom companies in the world in terms of subscribers and the top 40 in terms of revenues. It has invested in 10 foreign markets with a total population of 240 million in Asia, Africa and the Americas. It aims to cover a population of 400-500 million and become one of the world’s 10 largest… Read full this story
- Google rolls out Verified calls feature on Android to help tackle spam calls
- Pakistan May Consider Holding Late-Stage Clinical Trials of Russian COVID Vaccine - Foreign Minister
- Feds seize 'counterfeit Apple AirPods' that turn out to be OnePlus Buds
- World's most beautiful scenes in Agora's Travel photo contest
- Chinese automakers announce targets to raise hydrogen vehicle sales
Viettel pilots 5G in HCMC have 271 words, post on news.chinhphu.vn at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.