VietinBank will have a new partner after its current partner Britain’s Aviva insurer finalises the sale of its business in Vietnam (Photo: VietinBank) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The Vietnamese insurance market is heating up with many high-value bancassurance deals and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) unveiled recently. Roughly half a dozen big names, including Allianz, Nippon Life, MS&AD Insurance, Sun Life Financial and Manulife Financial Corp are vying to buy the Vietnamese and Singaporean businesses of Britain’s Aviva, Reuters cited people with knowledge of the matter as saying last week. According to the sources, who declined to be named as the talks are confidential, the combined deal value for the businesses is estimated to be between 2 billion USD and 2.5 billion USD. Talks were at an early stage and terms could change, they said. In Vietnam, Aviva started operating in the life insurance in 2011. It was formerly known as VietinBank Aviva – a joint venture between Aviva and Commercial Joint Stock Bank for Industry and Trade of Vietnam (VietinBank). As of April 2017, Aviva completed the acquisition of a 50 percent stake in VietinBank and officially wholly owned the unit. It signed an exclusive 18-year agreement to distribute life insurance… Read full this story
- Comments for : Apple Pay catches the attention of retail customers
- Apple Pay catches the attention of retail customers
- MARKET SNAPSHOT Health Insurance CRM, Part 1: Shifting Into Catch-Up Mode
- Clowns, airbags, and a zebra: Lyft’s debut TV ad demands your attention
- Semiconductor market in Vietnam up by 14.3% by 2019
- Brits Can Now Insure Their Driverless Cars
- Comments for : XiaoMi phone catches on fire and explodes, injuring owner
- How is Artificial Intelligence shaping the future of insurance?
- 5 Tech Trends That Will Disrupt the Life Insurance Industry in 2018 & Beyond
- Listed companies may find EVFTA rules tough, say securities firms
Vietnam’s insurance sector catches foreign attention have 314 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 30, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.