Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam’s food processing and packaging industry has expanded by 15-20 percent annually over the past several years and is likely to grow further in the coming years, according to the Association of Vietnam Retailers (AVR).
Food and drinks currently account for the highest proportion of monthly consumer spending in Vietnam, at about 35 percent of the total and the annual consumption of food and beverages is estimated to be equivalent to 15 percent of the country’s GDP.
In 2018, the consumption of food and beverages grew by 18 percent, creating a major push for the food processing and packaging sector.
Meanwhile, IMS Health has placed Vietnam into the group of the top 17 pharmerging markets which account for a fast-rising share of global pharmaceutical sales with a market size of about 5.1 billion USD.
Vietnam will be among three countries reporting the highest growth in the pharmaceutical industry, expanding at an annual rate of 10 percent in average, according to Global Data.
In addition, supplementary food and cosmetics have also posted strong growth, making the packaging industry more promising./.
- Super Bowl LII parties in NYC: Head to these bars for food & drink specials
- Football for Friendship 2018 kick-starts in Vietnam
- 25 foods that make surprisingly delicious kebabs
- Why are there 594 food trucks in Denver? Low start-up costs and fast profits, one owner says
- Colin O'Neill: 'George Best helped get me my big move and I thrived in the Parkhead and Ibrox cauldrons'
- Dario Saric thriving in shadows of Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons
- The 'Process is shown to be trustworthy once again' quiz
- What Does it Mean For Food To Be A Luxury?
- Washington Redskins: 2017 NFL Draft Party Food Ideas
- Bradley Wiggins angered by questions about medical package