Speaking as the host for the ITU Telecom World in 2020, Minister Nguyen Manh Hung stressed the importance of the ICT in the digital world, and said all countries need to make changes in technology and create new values.
He kindly invited ITU member countries, international organizations, and global ICT community to come to Vietnam and attend this important event. “Nations around the world must join hands together to be able to go further,” Hung said.
Vietnam is willing to cooperate with other countries to create a new telecommunications and a digital world. It’s the world of connectivity, everywhere, anytime, the minister added.
He affirmed Vietnam is striving to shift telecommunications to ICT infrastructure, with a national digital transformation strategy that includes the engagement of the Vietnamese government, businesses and society.
In 2019, Vietnam will announce a national digital transformation strategy, with a range of impacts on government, business and the whole society. Safety, network security and digital principles will be required for this transition, Hung noted.
Earlier, Vietnam attended the ITU Telecom World 2019 themed “Innovating together: connectivity that matters” from September 9-12.
More than 5,000 delegates from over 100 countries and territories took part in the event which included an exhibition on the latest ICT products and technologies, a high-level forum on 5G network implementation, ITU Telecom World Awards, and a networking program for small- and medium-sized companies.
- Vietnam named as ITU Telecom World 2020 host
- Vietnam to host ITU Telecom World 2020
- Vietnam attends ITU Telecom World 2019 in Hungary
- Vietnam looks to strengthen ICT cooperation with Hungary
- Vietnam and Hungary enhance cooperation in telecommunication
- Vietnam outpaces many Asian countries in terms of telecom growth
- Social Highlights for November 14
- Vaccine not to blame for infant death in Quang Tri