Vietnam’s starting lineup at the match against Thailand (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam’s national men’s football team tied goalless with Thailand in a frenetic match in the opener of the World Cup qualifiers’ Group G in Thailand’s Pathum Thani province on September 5. Right after kick-off, Vietnam earned a very early chance as Nguyen Van Toan got behind Thailand’s defence and fired a shot across the goal. Although the striker and his teammates, including Nguyen Cong Phuong and Nguyen Quang Hai, had chances to score later, they could not find a winner for Vietnam. Meanwhile, with higher possession throughout the match, Thailand also created many opportunities but most of their efforts were denied by Vietnamese goalkeeper Dang Van Lam. With this result, both team clinched one point each in Group G. Vietnam have been drawn in Group G with regional rivals Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia, as well as group favourites the United Arab Emirates (UAE). They will play Malaysia on their home turf on October 10 and Indonesia in an away match five days later.
- How to Watch the US vs. Mexico World Cup Qualifying Men’s Soccer Match
- Watch This Soccer Star’s Crazy Attempt to Escape Arrest During a World Cup Qualifying Match
- Fortnite World Cup Start Time: How To Compete For Big Money
- Epic Games bans more than 1,000 cheaters in 1st week of Fortnite World Cup
- The new Women's World Cup uniforms for every country
- Seen Through 2018 Lens, ‘NAFTA World Cup’ In 2026 Is, Well, Awkward
- Heatwave and World Cup hit sales on the high street
- Ladbrokes owner GVC scores World Cup profit
- France beat Belgium's 'golden generation' to reach World Cup final
- France Beat Croatia to Win World Cup After Moscow Thriller
Vietnam tie goalless with Thailand in World Cup qualifiers have 299 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.