Vietnam is leading ASEAN in terms of the percentage of working women in total employment, according to a report by the ADB and OECD. Female workers at the Kydo Vietnam Ltd. Company. (Photo: VNA) Vietnam is leading ASEAN in terms of the percentage of working women in total employment, according to a report by the ADB and OECD. The share of Vietnamese women in total employment stayed at about 48.5 percent in 2016, however this was little changed from 2009. Vietnam was closely followed by Laos at 46 percent and Thailand at 45 percent. The figures were published in the ‘Government at a Glance: Southeast Asia 2019’ report that was released on September 10 by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The report aimed to provide insight into government processes and performance in member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). It gathered data in various areas such as public services, promoting digital government and providing better work opportunities for women. ASEAN members include Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. “Strengthening public institutional capacities is critical to all operations and ADB remains committed to… Read full this story
- Carrick girl’s artwork to lead International Women’s Day parade
- “I never ask for it”: A campaign against normalisation of women’s sexual harassment
- Women have effectively worked for free so far this year due to gender pay gap
- Women wearing make-up less likely to be considered good leaders, study finds
- Opioids Actually Boost Women’s Employment: Eco Research Wrap
- Laws protecting women rights need implementation: Durrani
- K-P beats all provinces in women empowerment initiatives, says Imran Khan
- Vertice Asean: Trump atteso da "proteste massicce"
- Something borrowed: grooms and guests for hire in Vietnam
- International Women's Day: Six equality battles that still need to be won
Vietnam leads ASEAN in women"s employment have 317 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.