|Quang Hai (L) and his teammates are in Group D along with DPR Korea, Jordan and UAE at the upcoming 2020 AFC U23 Championship in Thailand next January – Photo: AFC|
The biennial tournament will kick-off on January 8 across four stadiums – Chang Arena (Buriram), Rajamangala (Bangkok), Thammasat (Pathum Thani) and Tinsulanonda (Songkhla) – with the final to be played at Rajamangala on January 26.
Besides the title, 15 of the 16 teams will also be competing for places in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, where the top three sides will join hosts Japan as Asia’s representatives next July. If Japan are one of the leading three nations then the fourth-placed team will qualify.
According to the seeding system, Vietnam will open their 2020 AFC U23 Championship campaign with their opening match against UAE, followed by the next two against Jordan and DPR Korea, respectively.
- Vietnam to resume World Cup qualifiers in March
- Do Hung Dung, the late bloomer that scored the Golden Ball
- Premier League stops matches until April 4 as all professional football in England is halted for three weeks after Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi catch coronavirus
- ‘Big fan’ Sunil Chhetri hopes U-16 boys help push India to Asia’s top 10 in future
- Asian Cup quarter-finals: four matches and a video ref
Vietnam draw DPR Korea, Jordan and UAE in AFC U23 Championship's group stage have 207 words, post on ven.vn at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.