The local currency bond market grew to $52.9 billion, it said in a release on Wednesday.
The growth came on the back of a 3.2 percent expansion of the government bond market to $48 billion, which also included central bank bills.
This offset a 3.4 percent contraction in the corporate bond market to $5 billion.
The corporate bond market is now worth VND89.5 trillion ($3.86 billion), exceeding the target set only for 2020, according to the Hanoi Stock Exchange.
- Q2 bond market grows by 2.6 percent: ADB
- Vietnam's bond market reaches highest level in East Asia
- Vietnam's bond market sees rapid growth in Q1: ADB
- Vietnam’s bond market reaches highest level in East Asia
- Vietnamese Bonds Market Fastest Growing in East Asia
- Vietnam's government bond market sharply grows
- Vietnam has fastest-growing local currency bond market
- Vietnamese bond market rapidly develops
- Emerging East Asia bond markets bounce back