The bird-aircraft collision happened at a height of 1,800 meters when an Airbus A321 was flying at 460 kph. The species of the bird has not been identified. The plane, which was flying from Hue to Hanoi, landed safely, but it has been temporarily grounded as it undergoes repairs. Bird-hits are not uncommon for aircraft in Vietnam. Last week, an A320/VN-A650 plane operated by budget carrier VietJet Air experienced a bird-hit when flying from HCMC to the northern city of Hai Phong. Dozens of similar cases are recorded in the country every year. The Tan Son Nhat International Airport in HCMC is among those that experience a high number of bird-hits, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV). “As southern Vietnam provinces have many large fields where birds live and migrate, it is easy [for birds] to interfere with flights,” a CAAV representative said. The Airports Corporation of Vietnam has tried to deter the birds with different methods, but none has proved truly effective, the representative added.
- Plane strikes bird after Logan takeoff, forcing it to land
- American Airlines expects $350 million hit from Boeing 737 Max 8 grounding
- United Airlines plane skids off runway at Newark Airport
- Biman Airlines plane skids off runway in Myanmar; 4 injured
- Biman Airlines plane skids off runway in Yangon, Myanmar
- Iconic ‘Mayberry Car’ in Danville damaged by hit-and-run driver
- Russian pilot hailed as hero after bird strike disables jet
- Passengers injured as Russian jet lands hard after hitting birds
- American Airlines seeks flight-cancellation cash from unions
- United Plane at Newark Gets Flat Tires, Skids Off Runway
Vietnam Airlines plane damaged in bird-hit have 271 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.