The event was jointly held by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in coordination with the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) with an aim to provide relevant authorities, localities and organisations in the central region of Vietnam with a deeper understanding of international migration issues, the content of the GCM, and the relationship between migration and goals set in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The conference is the second conference held by the MOFA in a chain of national publicity activities on GCM planned for the future, under the direction of the Prime Minister, on the dissemination of the content of the Compact to relevant ministries, sectors, localities and organisations.
Attending the seminar were representatives fromagencies, departments and branches of 12 localities in the Central region including Nghe An, Da Nang, Quang Nam, Binh Dinh, Khanh Hoa, Ninh Thuan, Binh Thuan, Dak Lak, Dak Nong, Kon Tum, Gia Lai and Lam Dong.
Delegates at the seminar heard reports on migration of Vietnamese citizens abroad, the process of Vietnam’s participation, negotiation and approval of the Compact, and the objectives of the GCM and its implementation in Vietnam and at the global level.
Participants also discussed the review and assessment of Vietnam’s policies and laws on international migration, contributing to the development of Vietnam’s GCM implementation scheme to help ensure the effective and synchronous implementation from central to local levels, thereby fulfilling the objectives of the 2030 Agenda.
Formally endorsed by the United Nations General Assembly on December 19 last year, Vietnam adopted the GCM in the same month and is currently actively developing a plan to implement the Compact in accordance with Vietnam’s laws and conditions.
- Truecaller Says It Has Crossed 500 Million Downloads, 150 Million Daily Active Users Globally
- Vietnam honors global compact for safe, orderly and regular migration
- Ambassador: Vietnam active as WIPO 2018-2019 Chair
- Vietnam joins global action to protect children’s rights
- VN joins global pledge “For every child, every right”
- Lethbridge residents join global fight against climate change
- Vietnam, Netherlands join hands for Mekong Delta’s development
- Turkcell joins global telecom blockchain consortium
- Turkcell joins global blockchain network