click to enlarge BARRETT EMKE Kevin Morby will perform with William Tyler at Ntive Sound on Thursday, September 12. Each week we bring you our picks for the best shows of the next seven days! To submit your show for consideration, click here. All events subject to change; check with the venue for the most up-to-date information. Kevin Morby and William Tyler 6 p.m and 9 p.m, Thursday, September 12. Native Sound, Ohio Avenue and Cherokee Street. $35. facebook.com/nativesoundrecording. There’s a disheveled loucheness to Kevin Morby, and that’s not just because he appears all shirtless and bedroom-eyed on the cover of his latest, Oh My God. Even the opening title track suggests a certain dashed-off quality, as a syncopated piano riff gets pounded out on a sweetly out-of-tune upright. But Morby has carved out a niche for himself as a maker of nuanced, harmonically rich indie rock; his latest album employs subtle percussion, angelic choirs and a recurring saxophone that serves as a Greek chorus. Morby will be joined by noted instrumental guitarist William Tyler, whose just-released Lagniappe Sessions EP features covers of Fleetwood Mac, Yo La Tengo and Anton Dvorak. Natives Only: Morby and Tyler will be playing two… Read full this story
- The "St. Louis Cuisine" Wikipedia Page is Goddamned Hilarious
- Artists Call for a Boycott of Kelley Walker's 'Irresponsible and Offensive' St. Louis Exhibition
- St. Louis PD Posts Tips to Keep Your Kids From Getting Themselves Shot
- St. Louis Mayoral Candidate Accuses Newspaper of 'Thinly Veiled Racism'
- You Can See The Spirit Of St. Louis On The Smithsonian Floor Now
- Ferguson Protesters Pepper-Sprayed After Storming St. Louis Police HQ
- Drivers in East St. Louis Ignored Little Boy As He Lay Dying Following Hit-and-Run
- St. Louis Police Spokesman Assaults a Black Woman at Public Meeting
- This Week’s Best Deals: PSN discounts, Mafia 3 for £18, cheap Xbox One S, and more
- Tuesday’s Best Deals: Indie Mega Week Sale, Earthworm Jim, Morgana Nendoroid, and more
The 3 Best Shows in St. Louis This Week: September 12 to 18 have 338 words, post on www.riverfronttimes.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.