Pretoria (VNA) – South Africa's In2Fruit company has signed a contract with Vietnam's Fruit One counterpart to export fresh grape to Vietnam, according to South Africa's Department of Trade and Industry.
The agreement was reached at the Fruit Logistica Asia Trade Show in China's Hong Kong on September 4-6.
Accordingly, the Vietnamese company allows the South African counterpart to ship the first batch of 10-12 containers worth about 35,000 USD out of the total contract value of 420,000 USD.
CEO of In2Fruit Sarel Joubert described the signing of the deal as an initial step for the South African company to make inroads into the Vietnamese market.
After this deal, In2Fruit will ensure the supply of high-quality fresh grape, he added.
He highlighted the two Governments' efforts in promoting bilateral trade, saying the South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) has actively worked to meet Vietnam's phytosanitary requirements.
Joubert said he was glad to know that Vietnamese agencies are implementing a unified licensing system for his company's fresh export grape.
Vietnam and South Africa are striving to boost two-way trade to 2 billion USD in the next five years from 1.2 billion USD in 2018.
South Africa is exerting efforts to increase exports of wine, fresh fruits, processed fruits, and beef to the Vietnamese market.-VNA
- Cameron to meet Indonesia's President Widodo as part of south-east Asia tour
- Vietnam-Africa trade reaches $6.6 billion in 2018
- Global trade opens to VN companies
- Review: Avani Quy Nhon Resort & Spa (Vietnam)
- Import export firms fear possible rise in terminal handling charge
- Vietnam Journey
- Tyre exports surge for fourth year
- Best Vietnam & Cambodia itinerary 9 days
- Review: Six Senses Ninh Van Bay (Vietnam)
- Great White Shark Cage Diving in South Africa |Divergent Travelers
- Review: Banyan Tree Lang Co Resort (Vietnam)
- Charges filed against South Africa hunter over ivory import
South African company to export fresh grape to Vietnam have 315 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 8, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.