The event is set to start on December 6 with an array of activities, including music performances, marathon training, and a bustling sports market open to the public. The main days of competition will be held on December 7-8. These days will see athletes compete across several events, including the 42.195km, a 21.1km run, the 10km event, and a five km run. Children between the ages of five and 14 will also be able to participate in the Kid’s Run. The local winners of the competition will earn the right to represent Vietnam at the Abbott World Marathon Majors Wanda 2021 event. The run is being co-organised by the HCM City departments of Tourism, Culture and Sports, the city’s Athletics Federation, Sunrise Events Vietnam, Techcombank, and Empire City. Organisers have agreed to donate VND10,000 for each kilometre run during this year’s event to the HCM City Fund for the Poor, along with the Promotion Fund for Young Talents of HCM City. More detailed information on the event is available at www.marathonhcmc.com.
- Mekong Delta healthcare system growing rapidly, eases pressure on HCM City hospitals
- HCM City requires owners to renovate 151 old villas
- HCM City to assess pre-feasibility report for Metro Line No 5
- Theatres in HCM City reopen with schedule of comedies
- Appeal trial held for land-related wrongdoings in HCM City
- HCM City-Vung Tau ferry service to be launched in September
- HCM City to merge three districts to create innovative hub
- HCM City steps up inspections of trees at risk of falling
- HCM City: Quality health care services offered for LGBT community
- HCM City seeks to speed up tardy public spending
Runners gear up for Techcombank HCM City International Marathon have 283 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.