Police announced an investigation Monday after a doctor reportedly performed an abortion on a pregnant woman in South Korea by mistake.
A nurse injected the wrong person with anesthesia, and a doctor performed an abortion, Yonhap reported. (RELATED: Over 2,000 Fetal Remains Found On Late Abortion Doctor’s Property, Sheriff’s Office Says)
Police are investigating the doctor and nurse for professional negligence and will send the case to a prosecutor’s office soon, local police told CNN.
“The doctor and nurse have acknowledged their fault,” a police official said, according to CNN.
South Korea’s health ministry estimated about 50,000 abortions were performed in South Korea in 2018, CNN reported. Abortion is only permitted in South Korea in cases of rape, incest or hereditary disease or if the health of the mother is in danger.
South Korea passed a law legalizing abortion in April that will go into effect on Dec. 31, 2020, the publication reported.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
- The Abortion Debate in Jamaica
- Tubal Reversal Surgery - How to Choose the Best Doctor
- How to Go About Choosing Fertility Clinics
- The Top 5 Symptoms That You Might Be Pregnant
- Medical Malpractice - Examples of Malpractice - An Experienced NY Med Mal Lawyer Explains
- Death is Not a Choice
- Women With No Voice - A Testimony
- Tips For Healthy Pregnancy - Useful Guidepost For Healthy Pregnancy
- Macabre Infanticide and the One
- Belly Stretch Marks - Free Prevention Tips!
- A Brief Overview of Charges For Homicide
- Smoking Babies
Pregnant Woman Goes To Clinic. Doctor Reportedly Performs Abortion On Her By Accident have 344 words, post on dailycaller.com at September 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.