Beleaguered British Prime Minister Boris Johnson vowed to continue with his attempts to strike a new Brexit deal with Brussels, after losing yet another parliamentary vote on Tuesday to hold an early election. Johnson slammed the opposition for voting against his call for a snap poll next month, in the final minutes of a late-night debate ahead of a controversial five-week suspension of parliament called by the prime minister. He said he would “strive to get an agreement” at a summit in Brussels next month. “While the opposition run from their duty to answer to those who put us here, they cannot hide forever,” he said. “The moment will come when the people will finally get their chance to deliver their verdict.” It was a final show of defiance in a stormy parliamentary session in which Johnson also lost a separate vote, calling on the government to publish confidential papers about the potential impact of a no-deal Brexit. The opposition has said it will not allow an early election, which under British law requires a two-thirds majority in parliament in favour, until Johnson has either struck a deal or delayed Brexit beyond October 31. The prime minister insisted he would… Read full this story
- English Laundry Clothing Puts a New Spin on British Fashion
- The key players in the UK’s hunt for a Brexit deal
- EU: Brexit deal in sight but UK must still do more
- The Latest: Scottish party won't accept Brexit plans
- Brexit MAP: Which countries could BLOCK Brexit? Who is attending EU summit 2019?
- Great British Desserts
- Dealing With Breakups - Ending Short-Term Relationships (Part Three Of Four)
- Tuesday's Best Deals: Nintendo 2DS XL, Under Armour, Drill Brush, and More
- The 10 Best Deals of October 15, 2019
- Brexit deal is 'within sight' as talks stretch into the night but Boris Johnson is warned one bad move could 'turn it to dust'
Outgoing parliament deals new Brexit blow to British PM have 326 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.