Vietnamese player Nguyen Thien Ngan defeated No. 1 seed Van Foreest Machteld from the Netherlands to win the girls’ U14 rapid chess event at the 2019 World Youth Rapid and Blitz Chess Championship in Spain. Nguyen Thien Ngan wins the girls’ U14 rapid chess championship title. (Photo: nld.com.vn) After nine games of chess, Nguyen Thien Ngan (Elo 1,643) gained 7.5 points, passing both No. 1 seed Van Foreest Machteld (Elo 2,086) and No.3 seed Liya Kurmangaliyeva (Elo 1,804) from Kazakhstan. Meanwhile, Vietnam’s chess prodigy, Nguyen Anh Khoi, claimed the runner-up title in the boys’s U18 rapid chess category. He will continue to compete in the blitz event. Khoi’s teammate Le Thuy An brought home the gold medal in the girls’ U18 rapid category. Also in the U14 age group, Vo Pham Thien Phuc and Luong Hoang Tu Linh bagged the silver and bronze medals at boys’ and girls’ events, respectively. The World Youth Rapid and Blitz Chess Championship for U14, U16 and U18 age groups is taking place from September 10-14. The event attracted the participation of 183 players from 23 countries around the world, including 14 from Vietnam.
- Colorado Rapids vs. Arsenal: Where to Watch, Live Stream, Team News and Latest Odds
- WWE's Dolph Ziggler and Bobby Roode Win Raw Tag Team Championships at Clash of Champions
- Miss World 2014: Miss England misses out on crown as South Africa scoops glory
- Miss World 2015: Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Royo crowned winner of competition
- Miss World admits she cheated to win title by pretending she could play the piano
- Coronavirus could force some UEFA Champions League round of 16 matches to be played behind closed doors
- Can a fragmented world stop a coronavirus pandemic?
- Coronavirus forces IMF, World Bank switch to virtual Spring Meetings
- Typhoon Hagibis: Two Rugby World Cup games called off; F1 organisers monitoring situation
- World prepares for coronavirus pandemic; global recession forecast
Nguyen Thien Ngan crowned world U14 rapid chess champion have 319 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.