(VOVworld) – The Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism in coordination with Yen Bai provincial People’s Committee opened the Muong Lo Culture and Tourism Festival 2016 in Saturday night in Nghia Lo Township.
Performances of the Thai ethnic group’s folklore were highlights of this year’s festival. More than 1,000 amateur and professional artists acted in traditional short plays, performed ancient songs and dances such as Xoe. The festival also marked the 45th founding anniversary of Nghia Lo Township.
Tran Tuan Kiet is a visitor from Hanoi: “This is the first time I attended such a festival, I feel very happy. The ethnic people wear beautiful costumes. They are friendly and hospitable.”
During the Muong Lo Culture and Tourism Week until September 20, there are sporting events such as walking on stilts and throwing cloth balls and food festival.
Also in Yen Bai province, the Mu Cang Chai terraced field festival 2016 is underway, offering visitors a wide range of activities like kite flying and exploring the uniqueness of magnificent rice fields in Vietnam’s North-western region.
- Ca Mau’s culture, tourism week slated for December
- 3rd Indonesian Cultural Festival opens in Baku [PHOTO]
- Second DokuBaku Film Festival opens in Baku [PHOTO]
- Maiden Tower International Art Festival opens in Baku [PHOTO]
- King's Lynn Festival open again
- International Wind & Kite Festival opens in Gharb next weekend
- MUSIC+ Free Gozo mini-festival opens later this month
- Sold out book festival ‘opens Islay up to the world’
- Delicata Wine Festival opening night attracts large crowds to Nadur
- Belarusian Cultural Center to open in Kazakhstan