(VOVworld) – The Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism in coordination with Yen Bai provincial People’s Committee opened the Muong Lo Culture and Tourism Festival 2016 in Saturday night in Nghia Lo Township. Performances of the Thai ethnic group’s folklore were highlights of this year’s festival. More than 1,000 amateur and professional artists acted in traditional short plays, performed ancient songs and dances such as Xoe. The festival also marked the 45th founding anniversary of Nghia Lo Township. Tran Tuan Kiet is a visitor from Hanoi: “This is the first time I attended such a festival, I feel very happy. The ethnic people wear beautiful costumes. They are friendly and hospitable.” During the Muong Lo Culture and Tourism Week until September 20, there are sporting events such as walking on stilts and throwing cloth balls and food festival. Also in Yen Bai province, the Mu Cang Chai terraced field festival 2016 is underway, offering visitors a wide range of activities like kite flying and exploring the uniqueness of magnificent rice fields in Vietnam’s North-western region.
- SoCal dance listings, April 7-14: Los Angeles Dance Festival, Pacifíco Dance Company and more
- Indie Filmmakers' Gems Glitter on Screen As Queens World Film Festival Opens March 21
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival opens 2019 season amid challenges
- The Savannah Music Festival Opens This Weekend With Fatoumata Diawara / Noura Mint Seymali
- Beat Culture Celebrates Grand Opening With Mead and Beer Bottle Release
- Made in Hawaii Film Festival open for submissions in February
- Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles celebrates grand opening of its Inglewood Center
- Traffic Changes Begin Ahead of Savannah Cultural Arts Center Opening
- South by Southwest Film Festival, opening with Jordan Peele’s ‘Us,’ will bring the unexpected
- Georgia: Europe's New Cultural Hub
Muong Lo Culture and Tourism Festival opens have 305 words, post on at September 18, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.