|Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh speaking at the event – Photo: thanhphohaiphong.gov.vn|
The event saw the presence of Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh and more than 7,000 local workers at the VSIP Industrial Park.
The trade fair including 90 pavilions and offered workers with a wide range of essential goods and household appliances such as apparels, food, medicine, cosmetics, electrical appliances, school products, and others with at least 10% discounts.
The three-day event from September 13-15, will also provide workers with legal advice, healthcare check-ups, and free medicine in addition to street music performances, cultural performances, martial arts performances, and others.
On the evening of September 14, the Vietnam General Confederation of Labour and the People’s Committee of Hai Phong city presented 160 gifts worth VND1 million each to disadvantaged workers and three scholarships worth VND3 million each to outstanding children of disadvantaged workers.
Speaking at the event, Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh said that the programme is vivid evidence of the efforts of trade unions in caring for trade union members and workers.
Thinh asked trade unions at all levels to continue to learn about the situation of workers and grasp their aspirations to work with employers and authorities to effectively handle any arising problems including working conditions, wages, social welfare, insurance, among others.
- Phish fans ask Elon Musk and Donald Trump to save Curveball festival on Twitter
- NAMM 2019: See photos of the She Rocks Awards, Yamaha’s All-Star concert and more from the show’s second day
- The best London Festivals for 2019 including Lovebox, BST Hyde Park and more
- Bristol Harbour Festival 2019: Everything you need to know
- Hai Phong Okays Japan’s Printer Factory Project
- Hai Phong Industry and Trade: Helping Enterprises Overcome Difficulties
- President Sang attends inauguration of LG complex in Hai Phong
- Hai Phong Steps up Administrative Procedure Reform
- Hai Phong Red Phoenix-flower Festival 2018
- Hai Phong Absorbs over US$ 12 Bln of Investment