Screens show Vietnamese share prices. The domestic market growth is forecast to cool down this week as investors correct from being overexcited on the weekend. — Photo baodautu.vn Viet Nam’s benchmark VN-Index has climbed to the highest level in three weeks but analysts have warned positive market sentiment may not last in the coming week. The VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange on Friday gained 1.14 per cent to finish last week at 987.22 points, the highest end since August 23. The VN-Index made a weekly gain of 1.35 per cent. Investors are expecting the benchmark will reach its previous peak of 1,000 points soon. But analysts warn the scenario won’t be realised in the coming days. The Vietnamese stock market did not match global stocks, which advanced strongly on the softer stance of the US and China towards their trade relations, specialist Nguyen Huu Binh said. What really drove local shares last week were individual companies’ business news and the State Bank of Viet Nam’s statement on cutting lending rates, which is seen as a move to match other central banks’ policies and boost the domestic economy. Last week, technology firms, retailers and banks were among the… Read full this story
- Market Week Ahead: Coronavirus, SBI Card IPO among 10 key factors that will keep traders busy
- ASX in 2018: Running with the bulls or fleeing from the bears?
- Liz Peek: Coronavirus concerns aren't only fears jolting the markets; rise of socialist Sanders is, too
- GDP surprises with 0.5% December growth
- ‘Not just an Italian problem’: Coronavirus threatens Europe’s economy
- 2019 Worldwide Box Office Hits $42.5B Record; Offshore Too With $31B+: Highlights From The International Profit Center & What’s Ahead For 2020 – Global Studio Chart
- Jeremy Corbyn, 1970s Revanchist, Is Suddenly the Face of the New New Left
- Coming soon from a galaxy far, far away: Disney takes on Netflix in UK
- Will the Paris Climate Accord Really Change the World?
- Android fragmentation: something to fear?
Market growth to slow as momentum runs out have 338 words, post on bizhub.vn at September 15, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.