According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Vietnam emitted more than 1.8 million tonnes of untreated plastic waste in 2018, accounting for nearly 6% of the world’s plastic waste. Vietnam also ranks fourth in the world for the amount of plastic waste dumped into the sea. In the World Economic Forum’s global ranking of tourism and tourism competitiveness reports, Vietnam’s environmental sustainability is underestimated, ranking 129th out of 136 countries. Recently, at the conference “Tourism without plastic waste” organised by the Quang Nam Tourism Association, many figures startled the audience. On average, Quang Nam creates 660 tons of waste daily, 92 tons in Hoi An alone, of which plastic waste accounts for 18% to 20%.According to a report from the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), an average of 155 tonnes of waste is generated every day in Phu Quoc, Kien Giang Province, but only 91 tonnes are collected. The amount of plastic waste collected by people is 10.8 tonnes per day, accounting for only 33.6% of the total plastic waste generated. With green tourism becoming an inevitable trend, tourists are increasingly concerned with environmentaly friendly factors. As such, the overload of plastic waste in… Read full this story
- Global Companies To End Plastic Pollution, Wage War On Plastic Waste
- Revealed: 90 Percent of Plastic Waste Comes from Asia and Africa
- Plastic Waste Found At The Bottom Of Mariana Trench
- Used Contact Lenses Adding Tons Of Micro-Plastic Waste To Waterways
- Families reveal the minimal plastic waste they produce in a week
- Plastic waste fills Indonesian river and 'never stops coming'
- Plastic waste is a problem – but some solutions are even worse
- Chemical Conversion Process Could Turn the Ocean’s Plastic Waste Into Clean Fuels
- Study Shows Plastic Waste Degenerates into Nanoparticles
- How seafood shells could help solve the plastic waste problem
Limiting plastic waste in tourism activities have 308 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.