The Hanoitimes – As if meeting technical requirements to fly to the US is not hard enough, Vietnam Airlines has to ensure the profitability of those flights. Vietnam Airlines, the country’s national flag carrier, is having a headache to make non-stop flights to the US profitable, Thanh Nien newspaper reported. Illustrative photo. As if meeting technical requirements to fly to the US is not hard enough, the air carrier has to ensure the profitability of those flights. Practices from major world air carriers have shown that they have to compensate for the losses incurred by the US route with earnings from other lucrative ones or from sales and leaseback. Vietnam Airlines estimated that three to five flights per week to the US would result in a loss of between US$30-50 million per year (according to the exchange rate of 10 years ago) for the carrier. Sources from Boeing also said that 90% of air routes from Asia to the West Coast of the United States cannot earn a profit and must be relieved by those to the US’ East Coast. However, most of the potential clients of Vietnam Airlines are Vietnamese Americans who live in the West Coast. According… Read full this story
- At Vibrant Gujarat Summit, PAL-V CEO says flying cars could come to India by 2021
- Is the Age of the Aircraft Carrier at an End? Thanks to Drones, Maybe Not
- Car, Go: Best Cargo Carriers
- Flying Tips for Wheelchair Users, From Wheelchair Users
- Will Congress Bring Sky-High Air Ambulance Bills Down To Earth?
- Flying High Again: Airplane Turnarounds Take a Spin with AI
- Air Ambulance Costs Fly Around Fixes For Surprise Medical Bills
- Why Doesn't The Hot-Air Balloon Car Exist?
- The CIA Has a Flying Knife Missile That Is as Awful as It Sounds
- 2005 Bentley Flying Spur
How hard is it for Vietnamese air carriers to fly to the US? have 313 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.