HCM City (VNA) – Ho Chi Minh City will roll out a programme on building an ecosystem of artificial intelligence (AI) application for 2019-2020, heard a press conference in the Vietnamese southern metropolis on September 17.
According to Duong Anh Duc, Director of the municipal Department of Information and Communications, since 2018, the city has proposed and issued mechanisms and policies on AI research and application in production, daily activities and smart city building.
In 2019 and 2020, the southern hub plans to launch a contest aiming to seek solutions of AI application in management and production in knowledge-intensive sectors, thus bringing about high economic benefits, he said.
The official said the city will identify priorities in AI application such as transport, health care, high-tech agriculture, tourism, environment, water supply and sewage, and electricity in order to overcome challenges to urbanization.
Duc told the press conference that the municipal People’s Committee and the World Bank will co-organise an international seminar on domestic and international experience in AI research and application, and recommendations for HCM City in this regard, on September 25.
The seminar is expected to see the participation of many domestic and foreign experts and managers, including those from the WB, Singapore and Microsoft Group.
A training course will also be held on September 26 to improve the knowledge and awareness of local managers and officials about AI./.
- Consuls general updated on special policies for HCM City’s development
- Circus artists to dazzle HCM City and Da Nang
- HCM City studies new technologies in Germany
- HCM City, US seek to boost ties in human resources development
- HCM City, Japan’s Miyagi prefecture seek ways to deepen partnership
- HCM City needs new housing policy for low-, mid-income households
- Serviced apartments for rent mushroom in downtown HCM City
- HCM City holds dialogue with construction companies
- HCM City to reduce dependence on private investors for transport infrastructure
- HCM City to transfer waste depots