A smaller version of the world's biggest annual party, Oktoberfest, will be held in Hanoi from October 17-19.
|Festival-goers enjoy the boozy party during the GBA Oktoberfest Vietnam 2018 at the JW Mariott Hanoi Hotel. The Oktoberfest 2019 will take place from October 17 to 19 in Hanoi. — Photo vietnamoktoberfest.com|
The smaller version of the festival held yearly in Munich, Germany will take place at the JW Mariott Hanoi Hotel's lakeside area where the spacious green area is an ideal venue to host thousands of revellers.
As in Germany, a large tent, the Festzelt, one of the main items creating an authentic Bavarian party experience, will be set up to accommodate large groups of up to 1,600 guests every night.
"Our hotel has teamed up with the German Business Association (GBA) to organise the Oktoberfest since 2014. From only two nights during the 5th Oktoberfest in 2014, we increased it to three nights in 2015 and thereafter," said Dunn, the hotel's director of sales and marketing.
He also revealed that tickets for October 18 had sold out.
To enhance the atmosphere of the traditional Oktoberfest, along with several kinds of German beer, festival-goers will be introduced to the original Paulaner beer to be served in the Paulaner tent at the original Oktoberfest in Munich.
Besides enjoying free flow of beer in their own Oktoberfest beer mugs, guests will have a chance to enjoy a sumptuous buffet of German cuisine. Authentic music and entertaining acts by the popular Munich-based Anton Show Band will be presented.
Oktoberfest is also taking place in HCM City from September 26 to 28 at Hotel Nikko Saigon.
The event is co-organised by the German Business Association (GBA), the delegates of the German Industry and Commerce in Vietnam (GIC/AHK Vietnam), JW Marriott Hanoi Hotel, and Hotel Nikko Saigon.
|Chairman of the GBA Thomas Debelic (left) and Chief Representative of the GIC/AHK Vietnam, Marko Walde at a press conference introducing the GBA Oktoberfest Vietnam 2019 in Hanoi on September 24. — Photo courtesy of GBA|
"We have continously worked on improving the setting in order to create an authentic atmosphere in both Hanoi and HCM City," he said.
Marko Walde, chief representative of the GIC/AHK Vietnam, said: "The GBA Oktoberfest Vietnam 2019 is one of the most expecting social events in Vietnam, which will promote business and culture exchange between Việt Nam and Germany, and where German, Vietnamese and international business communities celebrate with their colleagues, partners and friends."
Oktoberfest was introduced to Vietnam in 1992 by the German business community. Since then, the festival has become one of the most awaited celebrations of the year, welcoming more than 9,000 expats and locals in both HCM City and Hanoi.
- James and Basement Jaxx to headline 2019 Cool Britannia Festival in Knebworth
- Who is headlining the Isle of Wight Festival 2019?
- Parklife 2019 tickets go on sale
- Celtic Connections festival boosted with £100,000 of Expo Fund cash
- Y Not Festival 2019 lineup revealed with Elbow and Foals
- The two bands bookies say will complete Glastonbury 2019 headliners
- Five ways you can be the star of the show at MIF 2019
- Plymouth's RockFit will be warming up crowds at Download Festival
- Live: Love Saves The Day announces massive lineup for 2019
- Peter Casey, Erin McGregor, Nathan Carter and Rosanna Davidson reveals their Christmas plans and 2019 wishes
- Peter Casey, Erin McGregor, Nathan Carter and Rosanna Davidson reveal their Christmas plans and 2019 wishes
- Peter Casey, Erin McGregor, Nathan Carter and Thalia Heffernan reveal their Christmas plans and 2019 wishes
GBA Oktoberfest Vietnam 2019 ready to welcome festival-goers have 571 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 26, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.