September 21, 2019 | 11:38 am GMT+7 A logo of the upcoming mobile standard 5G is pictured at the Hanover trade fair, in Hanover, Germany March 31, 2019. Photo by Reuters/Fabian Bimmer. Telecom giant Viettel broadcast its first 5G network Saturday from its network of 5G base stations in Ho Chi Minh City. “The official broadcast of 5G in Ho Chi Minh City is an important milestone in Viettel’s strategy to make Vietnam one of the first countries in the world to commercialize 5G services,” Viettel deputy director Tao Duc Thang said in a statement. The 10 stations will be used by Viettel, the nation’s largest telecom firm, to comprehensively check and assess its 5G service before launching it commercially next year. Military-run Viettel installed the first 5G station in Hanoi early this year and made the first 5G phone call in May. It was the first firm in the country to receive permission to trial 5G services in January, followed by MobiFone. Last November, Information and Communication Minister Nguyen Manh Hung said at a conference that Vietnam should test 5G in 2019 and ensure nationwide coverage by 2020. “Vietnam should be one of the first countries to launch the… Read full this story
- Vietnamese telcos target 5G chipsets and devices
- Sports Facebook shocks Vietnamese TV operators with EPL streaming rights Wrestling for glory at Vietnam's 'Vat Cau' festival
- Sports Facebook shocks Vietnamese TV operators with EPL streaming rights One-ton bomb found in garden in north-central Vietnam
- Sports Facebook shocks Vietnamese TV operators with EPL streaming rights Meet the woman changing Vietnam’s honey industry
- Sports Facebook shocks Vietnamese TV operators with EPL streaming rights In Vietnam, man asked to pay $0.0085 in bank debt
- What is 5G and why did Trump nix a huge tech deal to boost America's lead in its development?
- Sports Asian Cup quarter-finals: four matches and a video ref Vietnam awards first trial 5G license to Viettel
- What’s Better Than 4G? 5G! And Kia’s Got It, at CES
- Sports Vietnam fans will enjoy live Champions League after all Wall collapse kills at least five in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta
- Sports Vietnam fans will enjoy live Champions League after all Foreign doctors learn from Vietnamese
First 5G network broadcasts in Vietnam have 376 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.