At around 3 a.m. fishing boats gather at a wharf in Ha Long Bay, adjacent to Hon Gai seafood market, after a long night out at sea. The wholesale market is open from early morning until 10 a.m., but its busiest time is between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. when traders rush to buy the freshest fish. Rocky islets amid mist at 6:30 a.m. The bay in Ha Long, which literally means “descending dragons,” was formed by millions of years of geological activity, which created thousands of islets. It became a fixture on the world tourism map after being recognized as a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1994. A boat on the emerald green waters surrounded by limestone karst. While hordes of people come to explore the majestic beauty of the bay, not many know about the legend and mystery associated with it. Legend has it that in the earliest days of the nation Vietnamese had to fight off hostile invaders attempting to enter through the sea. The Jade Emperor sent the Mother Dragon and her children to help the Vietnamese defeat their enemies. The mother dragon and her children incinerated the enemies with their fire and emeralds, which scattered… Read full this story
- Ha Long city develops sustainable tourism
- Ha Long Carnival 2012 dazzles tourists
- ‘Ha Long Bay on land'
- Ha Long Bay enters world's most dramatic coastline list
- Ha Long Bay cited among world's top destinations
- Viet Nam: Ha Long Bay cited among world’s top destinations
- Ha Long Bay ranks second in the world’s natural wonders voting
- Ha Long Bay’s 20-year World Heritage status celebrated
- Ha Long-Cat Ba Alliance helps enhance efficiency of heritage management
- Huawei's HiSilicon Says It Has Long Been Preparing for US Ban Scenario
Explore Ha Long, the land of 'descending dragons' have 307 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.