In early August, when episode 3 of the reality show Shark Tank Vietnam was broadcast, it raised waves in the eSports community in Vietnam. The call for capital by Divine Esports, a brand that distributes copyrighted games and eSports products, and organizes eSports tournaments, was rejected by the sharks. The fact that venture investors refused to invest in an eSports project stirred controversy, because eSports is considered a very promising business. A report on mobile games issued by Appota showed that in 2018 Vietnam had 33 million people playing games on mobile phones, 45 percent of whom were eSports’ fans. An Anh Vu from Vietnam Esports (VED) noted that the number of online eSports viewers is very high, just second to the number of football viewers. Duong Vi Khoa, head of the eSports division of the Vietnam Recreational Sports and E-Sports Association (VIRESA), said eSports is a big industry globally. Vietnam is a more attractive market than other regional markets.
- Multi-billion dollar projects, approved in 'red-carpet' period, lose licenses
- ExxonMobil to kick off multi-billion dollar gas-to-power complex in October
- Hai Phong attracts multi-billion dollar investments
- Vietnam can afford multi-billion-dollar airport if gov’t spends less: official
- PM divides multi-billion dollar power project among competing provinces
- Multi-billion dollar power complex steps closer to becoming reality
- Multi-billion dollar gas-to-power complex officially kicks-off in November
- Steel market oversupplied, multi-billion dollar projects shrink back
- Multi-billion dollar first solar project halts construction
- Australia and China seal multi-billion dollar free trade deal
eSports: the multi-billion dollar game have 253 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.