Eoin Morgan will continue to lead England’s World Cup winners for at least another year after central contracts were announced by Ashley Giles.
The One Day and T20 skipper had kept his cards close to his chest on his future after the high of the 50-over final win, but as expected he will lead the side into the World T20 in Australia next year.
There were red and white ball contracts for Jofra Archer for the first time following his outstanding summer, while Rory Burns also gets his first red ball deal.
But there are no Test deals for Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid who have slipped behind Jack Leach in the pecking order and are considered important cogs only in the short forms of the game.
Both players should be in the frame for the two Test tour to Sri Lanka in the new year, but that is not enough cricket for them to be brought under the ECB umbrella for the year.
World Cup winner Liam Plunkett who was a star of the final with 3-42 has lost his white ball deal in a sign that his international career could well be over at 34.
Joining him on the sidelines is David Willey who has played 74 matches for England in the last four years, but missed out on the World Cup and has now missed out on a contract.
Also gone from the white ball list is Alex Hales who was originally axed from the World Cup squad this year after being hit with a 21-day recreational drugs ban.
Despite his encouraging Ashes performances Joe Denly has missed out on a red ball deal, but he gets a white ball contract for the first time with his all round qualities seen as useful ahead of the World T20.
The contracts, which cover a 12-month period commencing 1 October 2019, have been awarded to the following players:
James Anderson (Lancashire), Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Rory Burns (Surrey), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Sam Curran (Surrey), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Ben Stokes (Durham), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire).
ODI / T20
Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Joe Denly (Kent), Eoin Morgan (Middlesex), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Ben Stokes (Durham), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham).
Tom Curran (Surrey), Jack Leach (Somerset)
- Shahid Afridi replaces Eoin Morgan as ICC World XI captain against WI
- Eoin Morgan plays down fitness fears after fracturing finger
- Eoin Morgan Named In England ODI Squads After Finger Fracture
- Self-sufficient and self-assured, Eoin Morgan has shaped himself into one of England's quiet revolutionaries
- Australia will be ‘galvanised’ by ball-tampering scandal, says England captain Eoin Morgan
- Eoin Morgan expecting tough test as England prepare to face Scotland in ODI
- England captain Eoin Morgan ready for India challenge
- Shahid Afridi to lead ICC World XI against West Indies as Eoin Morgan suffers injury
- ENG v/s AUS series: England's Eoin Morgan expects tough challenge from 'hungry' Australia
- Eoin Morgan rues missed chance to reach 500 despite record ODI win
- England excited by Australia series says Eoin Morgan
- India v/s England: Eoin Morgan hopes to build on recent success against Australia
Eoin Morgan to continue as England's white-ball captain for another year as central contracts are announced have 522 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.