The thick fog has spread across the city, covering iconic towers like Landmark 81, Vietnam’s tallest building with 81 floors, and 68-floor Bitexco tower in downtown area. These towering buildings are not visible from just 300 meters away. Drivers’ vision has also been affected by the fog. A view from Thu Thiem Bridge in District 2 shows a thick fog pervading the city center on the morning of September 22, 2019. Photo by VnExpress/Thanh Nguyen. The phenomenon has been caused by the tropical convergence zone, a band of clouds consisting of showers formed in Vietnam’s south central region, causing heavy rain in the morning and evening, according to Le Dinh Quyet, deputy head of Forecasting Department of Meteorological and Hydrological Station for the southern region. Daytime temperatures are low, leading to high level of humidity and formation of the fog, he said. “The phenomenon also shows air pollution and high dust levels in the air,” Quyet said, adding that the fog will die out tomorrow when the cloud band moves north. This also means there will be less rain in HCMC after.” He emphasized that a government agency should accurately measure the dust level in the air and assess the… Read full this story
- BBC Weather: Carol Kirkwood warns SNOW to hit on Friday as 'dense fog' engulfs nation
- Jason Gough's forecast: Dense fog, then sun
- Dense fog in southeastern Miami Valley early; storms arrive in afternoon
- UK weather forecast: Nation hit by 'dense fog' as temperatures plunge – travel chaos fears
- Citizens of HCM City wake to a city blanketed in thick fog
- Heavy fog forecast in China amid holiday peak traffic
- UK weather forecast: Thick fog, relentless rain and frost strike as temperatures plunge
- Showers, Windy Conditions on Tap for Chicago Area Monday
- Vietnamese likely among 39 UK truck victims - Reuters report
- UK fog: What causes fog? What is the difference between fog and mist?
Dense fog likely to engulf Saigon until Monday have 324 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.