Appnews Vietnam makes debut to support local press agencies. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
Speaking at the workshop, Director of the Authority of Press Luu Dinh Phuc said that despite being the main creators of content, local press agencies only earn a meager revenue from the local advertising market, while Facebook and Google grasp some 70%.
Appnews Vietnam is expected to help local press agencies increase the number of users and advertising revenue, Phuc said.
Echoing Phuc’s viewpoint, Yeah1’s Chairman Nguyen Anh Nhuong Tong said that local media outlets are being cornered by tech giants like Facebook and Google who are taking it all.
He was of the opinion that the best way to regain the market is to create an alliance of all press agencies in Vietnam.
Appnews Vietnam will help every news medium to promote its exclusive content and better approach users, Tong added.
Explaining the features of the app, he said that instead of each agency gathering their own readership base, with the Appnews platform they can interact with their audiences.
Users will be able to receive a far better experience because a great variety of content will be on offer on a single system, Tong affirmed. He noted that local press agencies will make use of the common ecosystem of readers, contributing to reducing technical, operational and business costs.
- Misumi Vietnam makes debut in Bac Ninh
- Book on journalism makes debut on Revolutionary Press Day
- GEN Vietnam makes debut
- Hong Kong to support local travel agencies
- New version of VNA’s news portal makes debut
- Vietnam Naval Newspaper Online makes debut
- Made-in-Vietnam smartphone makes debut in Myanmar
- VFF leader asks press agencies to create breakthroughs
- Bản in : VFF leader asks press agencies to create breakthroughs