Paragliding in Hoang Su Phi. Photo: Vietnamnet.
The culture week themed “Through the legacy of Hoang Su Phi rice terraces” taking place in Hoang Su Phi district, the northern mountainous province of Ha Giang, is aimed at making publicity of the beauty of Hoang Su Phi rice terraces, which are recognized as a national heritage in 2011, and praise the traditional cultural values of the local ethnic minorities.
Accordingly, the paragliding festival “Flying over the golden rice terraces” attracted 35 athletes making demonstration in the single and double paragliding.
As this is the first time this kind of sport activity is held in Hoang Su Phi so it drew the attention of thousands of local ethnic minority people and tourists.
Tay Con Linh Challenge Off-Road tournament. Photo: VNA.
Besides, 40 terrain motorbike and car racing teams from Japan, the Republic of Korea and Vietnam competed in the Tay Con Linh Challenge Off-road tournament held on September 22.
There were five sections to be conquered of the total racetrack of 40 kilometers across Tay Con Linh mountain range.
- The beauty of Hoang Su Phi’s terraced fields
- The beauty of Hoang Su Phi's terraced fields
- Hoang Su Phi's terraced fields during the rainy season
- Hoang Su Phi's terraced paddy fields to be recognised as a national intangible cultural heritage
- Hoang Su Phi terraced fields, masterpieces of minority groups
- Hoang Su Phi beauty shines through rice season
- Hoang Su Phi terraced field culture week opens in Ha Giang
- Hoang Su Phi blanketed by yellow terraced fields
- Tourism programme of Hoang Su Phi terraced rice fields opens