In a recent interview with VNA, Nguyen Manh Dong, head of the maritime affairs department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ National Border Committee, reiterated Vietnam’s consistent policy that all international disputes, including those in the East Sea (internationally known as the East Sea), must be resolved by peaceful means as regulated in the UN Charter and the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS 1982). A 2nd Regional Coast Guard patrol vessel is seen accompanying a fishing boat in waters off Ly Son island in the central province of Quang Ngai. Such activities are aimed at boosting people-military ties, raising awareness on the fishermen’s part on the need to comply with international law while the coast guard will provide protection and support for the fishermen if needed. — VNA/VNS Photo Tran Tinh What do you have to say about the need to maintain a peaceful and stable environment in the East Sea? First of all, we need to reaffirm that peace, security, stability and cooperative development is the wish of all nations in the world and an inevitable trend of humanity. All nations, no matter their economic development level or scope of influence, must together make efforts –… Read full this story
- Six Nations 2018: Morgan Parra ruled out for France due to knee surgery
- Washington Nationals: Five Reasons They Won NL East
- Big 12 no longer considering East Carolina, UNLV
- Big 12 no longer considering East Carolina for expansion
- Scripps National Spelling Bee adds rule to avoid champions tying again
- Nationals drop fourth straight and have some issues with the umpiring
- Nationals at Padres series preview: Another trip to the West Coast
- After U.S. Supreme Court ruling, could sports betting become legal in Nebraska?
- Preseason preview: Sea Eagles will fail to take flight
- You only think the Sea Eagles' salary cap breach penalty is soft because you hate them
All nations, big or small, must uphold the rule of law in the East Sea have 324 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.