The remark was made by Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee, Nguyen Thanh Phong at an international conference on domestic and international experience in AI research and application, and recommendations for HCM City in this regard, which was held on September 25.
The event, co-organised by the municipal People’s Committee and the World Bank, saw the presence of Politburo member and Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan; leaders of ministries and sectors, as well as many domestic and foreign experts, scientists and managers.
Chairman Phong emphasised that the conference’s outcomes will provide the foundation of research for the city to build an AI ecosystem and establish an AI application center in the near future.
According to Ousmane Dione, World Bank Country Director for Vietnam, AI can offer solutions to some of the city’s challenges, given a suitable enabling environment, adding that companies and cities who are smart about AI will reap the rewards.
He also stressed three key elements for AI’s success for Ho Chi Minh City, including clear and realistic expectations for where and how AI can be operated in the city; an enabling environment for AI to succeed in practice, especially when it comes to accessing and integrating the data needed to solve the city’s challenges; and proper understanding and management of any key risks associated with AI.
Participants at the event focused their discussions on AI application in the city; the collaboration and interaction among the State, entrepreneurs, scientists and financial investors in the fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0); the city’s attraction to businesses and financial institutions; among others.
- The Cities Most Prone to Natural Disasters
- Understanding the differences between AI, machine learning, and deep learning
- Video games and the current state of AI
- Creating malevolent AI: A manual
- Fileless malware: The smart person's guide
- City Tries to Ignite Innovation with Startup Contest
- Women in cybersecurity: IBM wants to send you to a hacker conference for free
- NASA tests virtual reality smart glasses for trip to Mars
- Intel developing smart bracelet, parades wearable devices
- Hot Prime Day 2017 TV Deal: $499.99 55-inch Sony XBR55X700D 4K HDR Smart TV