The remark was made by Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee, Nguyen Thanh Phong at an international conference on domestic and international experience in AI research and application, and recommendations for HCM City in this regard, which was held on September 25.
The event, co-organised by the municipal People’s Committee and the World Bank, saw the presence of Politburo member and Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan; leaders of ministries and sectors, as well as many domestic and foreign experts, scientists and managers.
Chairman Phong emphasised that the conference’s outcomes will provide the foundation of research for the city to build an AI ecosystem and establish an AI application center in the near future.
According to Ousmane Dione, World Bank Country Director for Vietnam, AI can offer solutions to some of the city’s challenges, given a suitable enabling environment, adding that companies and cities who are smart about AI will reap the rewards.
He also stressed three key elements for AI’s success for Ho Chi Minh City, including clear and realistic expectations for where and how AI can be operated in the city; an enabling environment for AI to succeed in practice, especially when it comes to accessing and integrating the data needed to solve the city’s challenges; and proper understanding and management of any key risks associated with AI.
Participants at the event focused their discussions on AI application in the city; the collaboration and interaction among the State, entrepreneurs, scientists and financial investors in the fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0); the city’s attraction to businesses and financial institutions; among others.
- City investigating Portland firm over possible $2 million fraud
- What David Brooks could learn from the Springs, city of lunches
- City’s recreation, sanitation and fleet budgets reviewed for next year
- Pepper Pike seeks to resolve city hall garbage drop-off problem
- Bossier City fourth of july safety and law
- Lemon Grove residents working on sales tax measure for city
- Party City to close 45 stores
- Daly City probing undocumented immigrant’s transfer to ICE
- Texas City church sells site to multifamily developer
- AI Impacting Industry