During the three-day event, nearly 300 delegates from the 10 ASEAN members, 10 dialogue partners of ASEANAPOL and six observers discussed ways to promote cooperation in preventing and fighting 10 types of emerging crime, including drug crime, terrorism, weapon smuggling, human trafficking, piracy, financial-banking crime and hi-tech crime.
Addressing the closing ceremony, Lieut. Gen. Tran Van Ve, Head of the Office of the Criminal Investigation Agency under Vietnam’s Ministry of Public Security, said the joint communiqué issued by the conference is an importance document, defining the directions for cooperation among police forces in the region and between regional police forces and counterparts in the world.
He said as chair of ASEANAPOL 39, Vietnam’s police force will do its best to enhance the effectiveness of the partnership in crime prevention and fight among ASEANAPOL members as well as between ASEANAPOL and its dialogue partners and observers.
Vietnam hopes to receive support and help from other ASEANAPOL members, dialogue partners and observers to achieve the set targets, Ve stressed.
- ASEAN-China friendship conference wraps up
- ASEAN police conference begins in Cambodia
- ASEAN chief supports Vietnam's upcoming presidency
- First ASEAN Chiefs of Military Medicine conference in Hanoi
- Vietnam to host ASEAN Chief Justices Roundtable on the Environment
- Vietnam opens the first ASEAN Traffic Police Forum
- ASEAN CIOs to meet in Hanoi in September
- General checks preparations for ASEAN Chief of Defense Forces visit
- 30th Diplomatic Conference wraps up