In the sporting event, the Vietnamese team won the second place in the push-up contest.
The Vietnamese team made a real surprise when it became the only Asian team to compete in the final round with their six peers from the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) and the host country as experienced teams advancing to the final round.
The outstanding achievements of the VPA’s Field Kitchen team has attracted special attention from the host country’s media. The Russian National Television – Russia-24 Channel visited and recorded the performance of the Vietnamese team in the third stage.
|The VPA’s Field Kitchen team receiving the box of ingredients|
|Vietnamese cook checking ingredients|
It was not difficult for the Russian teams to cook their traditional dishes, but it took a lot of time for the Vietnamese team to get used to and cook the dishes and cakes. Besides, ingredients provided by the host country for the competition were not the same with those that they used to cook during their training period in Vietnam.
The final round was more difficult as the cooking and baking team should follow the designated recipes and use sets of ingredients given by the contest organizers, which required the team members to seriously observe the regulations.
The Vietnamese team showed their talent on cooking the dishes and overcame all difficulties and well performed their tasks. Having completed the task in 4 hours in the third stage was seen as great efforts of two Vietnamese bakers, including non-commissioned Major Cao Quang Vi and non-commissioned Captain Le Van Lam. Two compulsory menus, with 5 Russian dishes and a dessert of a cheese cake, for 10 people each, were a challenge for the two Vietnamese members who were not familiar with European dishes.
With the cheese cake, the Vietnamese members must bake bread from 1kg of fresh cheese, three eggs, and 30g of flour weighing not less than 1.1kg and not more than 1,2 kg each. It took the two Vietnamese members three hours to bake the bread.
However, the challenges in the baking contest on the compulsory menus did not trouble the two Vietnamese bakers. The Vietnamese team completed their missions on time and their bread were finely brown and tasted delicious.
| Lieutenant Colonel Drevlo Sviatoslav Olegovich, Head of the Belarus Field Kitchen team:
“I gave a high mark for the dishes of the Vietnamese Field Kitchen team. The team have skills better than the previous team. This means that you have prepared carefully for the Army Games 2019. You also did well in the first and second rounds.”
Journalist Boris Maksudov of Russia-24 Channel:
“Vietnam has prepared very well for the Army Games 2019. I do not know much about other teams of Vietnam, but the achievements of the Vietnamese Field Kitchen Team have proved that you have well prepared for the event. Although the Field Kitchen Contest with European dishes is difficult for Asian teams, but you successfully completed the contest. I really like the Vietnamese Field Kitchen Team.”
Translated by Lam Anh
- Hamilton says F1 should level playing field between teams
- Workshop gathers young Vietnamese intellectuals in Czech Republic
- U.S. Olympic team qualifying, selection races to watch in 2020
- 'We are so proud of you': Prince William praises 'heroic' Wales rugby team as they crash out of the World Cup with a narrow 16-19 loss to South Africa and miss out on the chance to take on England in the final
- Vietnamese dentists making more foreigners smile
- Vietnamese student wins International College Students’ Barista Championship
- Vietnamese magician sets another world record
- Kitchen Gods worshipping: Vietnamese traditional belief
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry post new pictures of their 'secret' visit to Grenfell kitchen four days ago as they appear to launch new PR salvo after quitting the Royal Family
- Smart kitchen of the future: A fridge that plans your meals, a robot barista that makes the perfect coffee and a web-connected meat thermometer that ensures your beef is always served medium rare at CES 2020