Vietnam won a gold, three silver and three bronze medals as well as an honourable mention at the 13th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics that took place in Hungary from August 2 – 10.
The competition comprises of four exams – Theoretical exam, Data analysis Exam, Team competition and Observational exam in which questions concerning direct observation of the sky, in the real sky and in a planetarium.
It was attended by 254 contestants from 46 countries all over the world. All eight Vietnamese students are from the Hanoi – Amsterdam High School for the Gifted.-VNA
- PH wins medals in China math contests
- News Asian Games: Son's South Korea in football final after Vietnam win
- Miss Vietnam wins Filipinos hearts with her Cinderella story
- Soccer: Wild celebrations in Hanoi as Vietnam win regional title
- Football: Wild celebrations in Hanoi as Vietnam win regional title
- Indonesian students bring home 4 medals from chemistry olympiad
- Phuket students honored for win at World Robot Olympiad
- New Zealand wins medal for patience
- Asian Games: Zohri fails to win medal in 100 m
- Artwork on imaginary rural Vietnam wins regional Signature Art Prize 2018