Vietnam will need 70,000 – 90,000 information technology (IT) workers in 2019, the online newspaper of the Government reported, citing a report by TopDev – an IT recruiting firm.
Specifically,manpower demand is rising fast in such areas like artificial intelligence, datascience, big data, and cybersecurity.
Besides,digital transformation has become an inevitable trend, forcing enterprises torecruit IT workers.
Manpowerdemand in IT sector will increase robustly to 62,829 in 2019, or five timeshigher than that of 2015 and 3.4 times in 2016, reads the report.
Thisyear's manpower demand soars by 56 percent compared to the previous year, thehighest growth rate since 2015.
Thehigh demand is attributable to the new wave of startups initiated by theGovernment as well as the digital transformation trend among enterprises.
Hanoi andHo Chi Minh City account for 59 percent and 39 percent, respectively, in termsof the demand of IT workers, according to the report.
Vietnamhas 235 universities, of which 153 universities offer IT courses, producingtotal output of about 50,000 IT students annually.
However,only 30 percent of the IT students could get job right after graduation whilethe rest need re-training.-VNA
- Vietnam Needs Integrated Financial Monitoring Mechanism
- Vietnam needs WB’s advice on State budget balance: Deputy PM
- Vietnam needs VND 25 trln against El Nino & La Nina
- Vietnam needs practical guidance to protect domestic workers
- Urgent need for workers’ housing in Dong Nai
- Vietnam prioritises developing workers’ skills
- Central region’s tourism sector needs competent workers
- Vietnam attends Bangladeshi Workers’ Party Congress
- Lawyer: Vietnam needs int’l support in lawsuit against China
- Expert: Vietnam ‘needs to better prepare’ for TPP
- “Vietnam Needs to Speed up Reform,” ADB Country Director
- Vietnam needs US$25bn to solve debt issues: gov’t official
Vietnam needs up to 90,000 IT workers in 2019 have 261 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.