Athletes compete at Asian Open Taekwondo Championship in Ho Chi Minh City, August 17, 2019. Photo acquired by VnExpress. Vietnamese athletes won big at the Asian Open Taekwondo Championship, bagging 35 gold, 30 silver and 28 bronze medals. The tournament was held between August 15-18 at the Military Zone 7 Stadium in Ho Chi Minh City, in 46 categories. The Vietnamese martial artists competed in both combat and performance categories. One of the top female martial artists in Vietnam, Truong Thi Kim Tuyen, won gold in the under-49 kg category. Tuyen enjoyed a strong start in the first two rounds, but her Chinese rival Zou Ju came back strongly in the third, forcing the Vietnamese athlete to defend carefully and win closely fought encounter 4-3. The event attracted more than 400 athletes from 25 countries and territories, including taekwondo powerhouses like South Korea, Japan and Iran. This was the 2nd edition of Asian Open Taekwondo Championship. The tournament is considered an important preparation for the athletes in Southeast Asia, including Vietnam, as they prepare for the SEA Games 30 which will take place in the Philippines this November.
- No gold medal for John Calipari's United States U19 after loss to Canada
- Ted Ligety joins the likes of legendary skier Jean-Claude Kelly by winning three gold medals at the world championships
- Winter Olympics: Carey Price leads Canada over Team USA, 1-0; will face Sweden for gold medal
- Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi receives Congress' highest honor, the Congressional Gold Medal
- Team USA finishes behind Kenya, Jamaica with 6 gold medals at world championships in Beijing
- Winter Olympics: Team USA dominates Czech Republic, will play Canada for spot in gold medal game
- Viktor Tikhonov coached Russia to three Olympic gold medals, but is remembered for losing ‘Miracle’ game in 1980
- Olympics 2012: Team USA wins gold medal by playing a different brand of basketball than in the NBA
- Spanish basketball players slammed for 'trashing their apartments' following London Olympics loss to the U.S. in gold-medal game
- Collegiate sophomore wins Scholastic Gold Medal for photography
Vietnam bags 35 gold medals at Asian taekwondo tournament have 343 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.